7.12.16

hopes, dreams and wishes

After yesterday's seriously heavy post, here's something light-hearted.



I'm such a day dreamer. I love nothing more than sitting on the bus headed into town and letting my thoughts wander. I usually end in my future and imagining that I've got everything I've ever wanted. Today, I thought I'd share a few of these deepest desires with you. Isn't this the sort of wholesome and heart-warming content Blogmas was made for? I think so.

One day, I hope to have a successful blog. I don't necessarily mean successful in terms of the numbers game but I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to gain any recognition. Basically, I just want a blog that I'm proud to link people to. More than anything, I'd like to be producing regular content. That feeling when you visit your own blog and scroll down past posts and posts and posts that you're genuinely pleased with is one that will never get old. I also want to create a brand for my blog, so people know to come to Girl Lost in Transit for X, Y and Z posts. At the moment, I'm not trying very hard to make any blogger friends but I want that to change soon. I need to get my ass into gear and get myself active on Twitter again.

Like a lot of teenage girls, I grew up reading the Confessions of Georgia Nicolson. I fancy myself as a bit of a Louise Rennison. She understood me when no one else did and I want to be that person for someone too. One day, I want to write my very own book series and I know exactly what about.

When I was 17, I got a job as a cater waiter, as they call them in the US. I got paid to serve canapés and champagne to celebrities and royals. I actually saw Charles and Camilla in the flesh. I also got to see Beyoncé perform live from a VIP booth. Another memorable moment, was working at the British headquarters of the Church of Scientology for an annual charity gala. As you can imagine, it was such a surreal experience. Even though my waitressing days are long gone, I fell in love with hospitality. One day, I would love to own my own hotel or inn or B&B. Ramsay's Hotel Hell is a TV fave of mine. I guess you could say that one of my life goals is to own an establishment Gordon Ramsay would be proud of.

My mum moved me and her out to Spain when I was 9. We lived in Benalmádena, a town in Andalucía in the South for a four and a half years. We also spent a lot of time in Málaga which will forever be one of my favourite cities in the world and you can see why from the picture above. One day,  I hope to move back. Even it's just for a few months. I miss it everyday and there's so much of Spain I'm yet to explore. I love the people, I love the lifestyle and I love the language. As you can imagine, the Brexit results left me feeling completely devastated and utterly heartbroken.

A flat like this is all I'm asking for. Wishful thinking, I know. Ever since I was young, I've wanted live on my own but now I understand the realities of renting and why having a roommate is essential, especially in London. One day, I will have my own flat though. One day!

No comments:

Post a Comment